To assist you in understanding your CareShield Life coverage and the various upgrades from different private insurers, we will introduce and send Insurance Gurus (please see Our Gurus) to help you!
Please fill in the below request form to speak to the professionals and know more about your options. More information is furnished below this form. Thank you.
What is CareShield Life?
CareShield Life is a long-term care insurance which provides financial protection against long-term care costs of Singaporeans in the event of severe disability.
CareShield Life will provide you with better protection and assurance for basic long-term care needs with:
- Lifetime cash payouts, for as long as the insured remain severely disabled*;
- Increasing payouts, starting at $600/month in 2020;
- Government subsidies to make it affordable, with no one losing coverage if they cannot pay premiums;
- Premiums can be fully paid by MediSave.
If you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident born in 1980 or later, you will be automatically covered on 1 October 2020 or when you turn 30, even if you have any pre-existing conditions or are severely disabled.
*When a person is unable to do at least three of these six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) listed below, the person is considered to have severe disability. If you or your loved one meets this criteria, you may wish to consider submitting a claim.
- Washing – The ability to wash in the bath or shower (including getting into and out of the bath or shower) or do a sponge/bed bath.
The ability to put on, take off, secure and unfasten all garments and, as appropriate, any braces, artificial limbs or other surgical or medical appliances.
The ability to feed oneself food after it has been prepared and made available.
The ability to use the toilet or manage bowel and bladder function through the use of protective undergarments such as diapers or surgical appliances if appropriate.
The ability to move indoors from room to room on level surfaces.
The ability to move from a bed to an upright chair or wheelchair, and vice versa
What are the possible CareShield Life Upgrades from private insurers then?
Possible upgrades in coverage from private insurers are then to:
- Start to claim monthly cash payouts when insured cannot do 2 out of 6 daily activities (instead of the usual 3 out of 6)
- Increase monthly cash payouts in addition to CareShield Life payouts